August 23, 2008

More Family Fun

So I explained RAMP just a few seconds ago when talking about the Treehouse Museum. Well today, Melvin, Leah, and the girls went to Eccles Dinosaur Park. Gaby has a horrible tendency to keep asking about things until you want to strangle her. For this reason I didn't tell her about the dinosaur park until last night. First thing this morning she wanted to know when we were going to the park. I explained we would go after dinner (the park was opened from 4-8 PM).

We ate dinner around 3:30 and then got ready to go to the park. Gaby and Isa were both so excited. To show Gaby still has the children's museum on her mind, she wanted to know if the dinosaur park was by the children's museum. I explained that it wasn't, it was by the canyon.

Here are some pictures of our adventures.



Here is Melvin and Gaby inside the museum part of the park.



Here is Gaby under some fossil. I thought it looked like an alligator or crocodile. I tried to get both girls in the picture, but Isa would have nothing to do with it.


In fact, for most of the park, Isa wouldn't get out of her stroller. She wouldn't get near any of the cement dinosaurs.

In the park, they have several areas where you can pose for pictures. Here are the most dangerous animals in the park.


They had several photo opportunities where you could stick your head through. This was cute where the girls are little dinosaurs being hatched. This was about the fourth stand Gaby stood behind.

It was Isa's first, but she looks cute anyway.


Of course, the girls found the playgound in the park. It was nice that they got to play, and Melvin and I got to sit for a time. At least until they wanted to swing.






After leaving Dinosaur Park, we went for a drive up the canyon and around Pineview. We stopped at a Mavericks and got some ice cream and drinks. On our way back around, we found the Eden Park and decided to stop and enjoy our treats while having more fun swinging and sliding.


One of the few times Melvin got to sit and swing rather than push.


I even got in on the action of swinging. Melvin of course was concerned and told me to be careful as he didn't want me to drop the baby here at the park.



Isa is SOARING. I think this is the first time I have ever seen her let go of the sides. I actually didn't see it until after the picture as I was still swinging. Melvin got this beautiful shot.



Melvin and the girls getting ready to go down the slide. Isa wouldn't go down without Melvin.



As you can tell, we had a lot of fun. On the way home, we stopped by the Waterfall and took a couple of pictures as well.


1 comment:

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

Looks like a fun day! I hope you are feeling okay Leah. Josh just asked me when his new girl cousins were coming. Not too much longer!