August 13, 2008

Gone Fishing?

WARNING

If you get grossed out easily, don't read any further.

Most of you may know that one of our little girls has been having trouble going poo poo in the toilet. We have been working hard trying to resolve this and started putting stickers on the calendar as a reward. It seems to be helping out. When she finally lets them out, they are pretty big and clog our toilet at home.

Well we were over at a friend's house when our little one stated she felt the poo poos coming. So we ran to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I didn't check with our friends to see if their toilet was up for the challenge.

The toilet is several decades old and the water just flowed over the large turd. Not wanting to leave it there, I went to the kitchen , grabbed a couple of baggies (one ziplock and the other an old grocery sack). I turned the ziplock one out over my hand and went fishing. I grabbed the turd and turned the ziplock back out on it (never touching it or the water). I zipped up the bag and put that in the grocery bag. I tied that up and took it to the outside trash. Of course I washed my hands as well.

My friend made the joke that I had gone fishing and caught a carp, or crap. When we got home, my little one put a sticker on the calendar. And by gosh, I got one too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Leah,
I am teaching dental assisting. It is kind of an adjustment going back to work. It is only in the evenings, so the kids are asleep most the time for Nick.
As for the reunion, I want to go but I don't know much about it other then there is one planned. If you have more info please pass it on. lmarz22@yahoo.com
Your kids are so cute. How much longer do you have until your third? I loved your story...I have to go fishing but just in the bathtub! My little boy is not even close to being potty trained but I look forward to the day!