October 07, 2008

Mission Reunion

On Friday October 3rd, Melvin and I went to our mission reunion. It was only for missionaries who served with President and Sister Rogers. I was surprised at how few missionaries I knew. I never realized in the field how isolated the sisters of the visitor center were. We really only knew missionaries who served in the Independence stake. Most of the mission was in Kansas and I only served full proselyting for six weeks. On the other hand, I was also bummed that more missionaries didn't come.




Here is a picture borrowed from one of my companion's blog. Melvin and I brought our camera, but I didn't take any pictures. Melvin started taking pictures later, but only of the girls dancing and playing around. Aren't the VC sisters beautiful? I even look pretty good having had Tori less than two weeks prior (of course I am mostly covered by her sweet little bump and blanket).


On another note, It is pretty exciting that there is going to be a temple in the greater Kansas City area. Anyone who knows me well, knows how I love to try to predict what is going to happen. Personally, I think the temple will be on the Kansas side, maybe in Lenexa or Olathe. There are too many people out there who will grab the first U-haul if it's built in Independence. I wouldn't be surprised if there are ALREADY people packing up.


My sister is also pretty excited about the Rome temple. She served in Northern Italy. We had a nice conversation Saturday night about the temples in our beloved mission areas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took Ferrells pic to, I liked her's better! THought you might be gald too, even though you didn't look bad at all! You should be proud of looking the way you do just after having a baby! Love the comments on the temples! I think we have a while before we'll be needing any Uhals :)

Roger and Stephnie said...

I see that you all like my pic-- that is great! I'm glad to be of service! It was so fun to see you and your cute girls at the reunion! You look great in the picture too-- wish I could look that good two weeks after giving birth! I'm lucky if I even get dressed! :)