June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I never know what to get people for gifts. On Saturday, I was at my grandmother's house and suddenly remembered that Melvin had wanted some cologne. I couldn't remember which was his favorite so I gave him a call. He told me Eternity.

So the girls and I head down to the mall to get him some. We go into Dillard's where of course they have the cologne, but they also have free engravings. I saw a sample where it said "I love you." It looked really good so I figured we have Melvin's cologne engraved as well.

After we bought the cologne and Gaby, Isa, and I were walking over to the engraver, Gaby asks "momma, what's cologne?" I tell her it helps Papa smell good. I then ask her if she likes how Papa smells and she says yes. I then tell her the cologne will help Papa smell even better.

We are now standing in line for the engraver. I'm thinking we'll write something like, "You're the best," "Happy Father's Day," "We Love You," or something like that. I asked Gaby what she wants the cologne to say and she says "Smell good." I try to convince her otherwise but she got this sad look on her face. I ask her if it should say "Smell good Papa" and she says yes.






So this is what Melvin got for his Father's Day gift.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's cute, what a good idea--and awesome to make cologne more person.

Grandma said...

I enjoy reading about your family. Keep it up!!!

T.A.T.I Crew said...

I love it!

That message is so hilarious, and yet so instructive at the same time.

You have adorable girls.

-Amy