Last night, Melvin and I are watching a show on the science channel. Part of the show talked about how they are now able to rescue people trapped on submarines. While we are watching, I tell Melvin how one of my worst fears is drowning. Melvin replies that there probably won't be any floods nearby. I respond that people can drown in an inch of water.
Melvin says that you can't and I say something about how someone could get drunk and pass out and drown in an inch of water. Melvin then responds "in an enchilada?" I finally realize he thought I was saying that people could drown in an enchilada, not inch of water. When we realized the misunderstanding, we laughed for over five minutes.
3 comments:
I can just see the look on Melvin's face as he tries to understand the likelihood of an intoxicated man falling directly into an enchilada to meet his demise between tortilla and sour cream.
No really, I laughed until I cried. Thanks for brightening my day with your story.
I am glad that you found me. I am pretty new at this and hadn't even thought to look for others!! Congrats on the expanding family. Kids are wonderful....a lot of work but wonderful. Talk to you soon.
What a funny story..I loved it!
Post a Comment