May 07, 2008

Flying phones

Yesterday, Melvin, the girls, and I went out to check out some bark for our yard. Right after we got on the highway (89) we heard something hit our car. Isa heard it too and had the best look of surprise on her face. There were no cars around, so I didn't know what it was and thought maybe we kicked up a rock.

Melvin said it was his phone that he just remembered he had left on the roof when loading the girls in. I thought, it'll be ok. The phone is a special "rugged" phone that is used specifically by construction workers who need rough and tumble phones. We even paid extra for it because it was so rugged.

In the past, it has paid off as he had dropped the phone in toilets, dropped it from ladders and had other such mishaps. I seriously thought the phone would survive. It is rugged of course. So, we turned around and drove to where the phone was. I saw the phone on the ground and offered to pick it up but Melvin said he would get it. He then went off in another direction. So I got out and picked up the part I found.

So much for rugged. The phone broke into three pieces. We laughed all the way to the Sprint store about our rugged phone in three pieces. Then again, maybe it wasn't made to go airborne off a car going 55-60 miles an hour.

I had planned to save the pieces and take a picture for this, but forgot and left it at the store when we bought the new phone. Sorry.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope at least some of it was covered by Spring. Yeah, so much for rugged.