May 16, 2010

5K

So, I ran my 5K yesterday. It was during the Get Out and Live Ogden Marathon. The race started at around 7AM near the Timbermine Restaurant. It was FREEZING. There was a cold wind blowing but I knew once I started running (or wogging) I would be better.

Two people I knew were planning on running in the race. I was able to catch up with one of the, Kelsey. We started running the race together. Right after the first mile marker I assume she started walking a little bit because we got separated.

I kept right on running the entire time. I had no idea how long it was taking me and I wanted to finish in under 45 minutes. About a block from the finish line, I would see that the race clock was around 36 minutes. I was SOO surprised and so excited, I sprinted the rest of the way.
We lost our camera, so this is a picture collage my friend Melanie made for me. I know my mom has more pictures, so maybe she can share some too. According to the finish clock, my time was 36:42. I thought that was pretty good for my first time.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice one. You didn't say anything about how you felt during the race--did you like it? Were you miserable? Was it harder/easier than you expected? Will you do one again?

Roger and Stephnie said...

That is awesome! You did it! Way to go! I should have signed up for that 5k, I'm sure it was really fun. That is a really good time too. My first race was 37:12. Now I'm working on getting it under 30 minutes-- seems almost impossible!

Grandma said...

I'm proud of you!!

jake 'n amie said...

Yah!!! Great job! Maybe we can run one together... in about a year :)

Jackie said...

Good for you Leah, that is awesome!!

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

That is so great. My friend is trying to get me to run a 10k in the fall. Do I dare?

Leah said...

Loved the race, had a ton of fun, SOO exciting to see people along the way cheering you on. It was easier than I thought. I plan to do more and possibly longer ones (don't know about a marathon, Zac, definitely a 10K and maybe a half marathon in a couple of years). Shauna, go for the 10k, it'll be fun.