January 29, 2009

RSV Sucks!!!

Unfortunately RSV has struck our house. Luckily it hasn't hit Tori yet. Believe it or not, Isa is the one who is sick. We took her to the doctor this morning after a night of blistering fever and wheezing breathing to learn she had RSV.

Upon finding out, I asked the doc how to prevent Tori from getting it. The doc didn't say anything and I began to think out loud that more than likely she has already been exposed by Isabelle and it was a matter of time. He then stated that was right.

Isa is doing surprisingly well, but the doc stated that it is usually worse at night and seems to peak on the third day. He didn't know if she had already peaked as we we didn't know she had RSV when she did or if the worse is yet to come.

I feel like I am waiting for that inevitable earthquake. You are waiting for the devastation, but just waiting because everyone says it will come but you're hoping it doesn't. This sucks. Isa is running around right now, which maybe a good sign, I don't know. Luckily, so far, Tori is still healthy. Hopefully, since I am sick with a cold, I have RSV and am giving Tori antibodies so she doesn't get as sick when she does.

Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Adam and Shalisa said...

So sorry that sounded scary...hopefully everyone is okay and that they all get better soon.

jake 'n amie said...

I hope you made it through the week and things are getting better. I wish there was something we can do.